1. In the last couple of years, I’ve encountered three types of bullies. They all did the same thing – attacked certain aspects of my person that threatened their ideas about who they were and their place in the world. Needless to say, none of these people are in my life.
2. My physical reaction to being bullied, regardless of the kind of bullying, is the same – shortness of breath; panic attacks; weight gain or retention; wearing baggy clothes in order to hide or disappear; severe anxiety; loss of appetite; shrinking into myself; nervy.
3. Given my experience, you will almost never recognize when someone is being bullied. Bullying is not always about broken bones or bruises – a lot of it is gaslighting and manipulation.
4. In the last four months, I’ve lost 20 pounds. My diet did not change; my activity level did not change (walking a mile 3 or 4 times a week; cleaning horse pens). Only one thing changed – I was no longer being bullied and/or harassed.
5. I give far too many chances to too many who don’t deserve a first chance, but once I’m done, you’re out.
6. I am always happy.
7. If I seem anxious or stressed, ask and listen. Really listen, without your ego.
8. Do not fuck with a Pisces. Some fish have razor sharp teeth and they bite hard.
9. My favorite shark is the carcharodon carcharias.
10. My favorite summer movie is JAWS (1975).
11. My most unique skill is remembering conversations verbatim, which is hilarious, because there’s a good portion of my life that I don’t remember.