1. Coffee is a food group unto itself. But I’m sure you already knew that.
2. I have the best gym in the world and I don’t even pay fees – in 30 to 45 minutes, I’ve worked out almost all the major muscle groups at once at least two or three times a week. How? I clean horse pens.
3. In ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’, there’s a character named Catherine, who advises Francis (Diane Lane) to live spherically. I’m interpreting that to mean “Don’t make yourself small to make other people feel comfortable. That’s not your problem.”
4. Who is Kesyer Soze? A mousy character in The Usual Suspects (1995), obviously. But this can also describe someone who blows the secret to the fucking movie in his acceptance speech.
5. People will experience you differently, but there’s always a constant thread. As Maya Angelou once said, ““I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
6. One of my many goals in life is to just give people something to smile about. There is nothing too small or insignificant to smile about.
7. Naps, the terror of childhood, are actually good things.
8. I’ve compartmentalized my life so well, it would shock you. I’m not kidding – it shocks me, sometimes.
9. Road trips are a must – take them as often as you can, even if it’s an hour or two away.
*as opposed to evening thoughts.